Friday, January 8, 2010

I had my belt come off in my van and when I pulled over to fix it there was oil everywhere. What could cause?

I was driving home last night and my 99 silhouette lost power steering. I knew my belt had broke because it had done it before. When I got to a safe place to finally stop and fix it. I realized that it had just slipped off and oil had sprayed everywhere. It looks like it sprayed out the passenger side of the engine. What could have caused this and how much will it cost to fix it. Thanks for any help. RobertI had my belt come off in my van and when I pulled over to fix it there was oil everywhere. What could cause?
It's possible the belt hit something this time and broke it, like a power steering line. But, since I can't look at it, I really can't tell you.I had my belt come off in my van and when I pulled over to fix it there was oil everywhere. What could cause?
check transmission hydraulic level, some times pressure built in the small tank making hydraulic oil sprayed every where also make sure of the engine oil level.
My guess is that it punched a hole in the oil filter when it came off.

No comments:

Post a Comment