Friday, January 8, 2010

John Deere riding mower burning excessive oil. Is it better to replace or repair engine. JD refuses to fix?

I have taken to two different dealers. One refused to recognize it was burning oil. The other went to a list of probable causes and informed me that I probably did not install the air clearner properly so they would not honor warranty.John Deere riding mower burning excessive oil. Is it better to replace or repair engine. JD refuses to fix?
You my friend have learned a lesson..... deere will even screw you over.... most will try and make it look as though you are at fault. Some engines do use oil, but not enough to even measure on the dipstick. You could have a faulty breather (if its a ohv engine, a blown head gasket) or rings of course..... wasn't run low on oil? I would try and either get them or the engine maker to do something before I replaced the engine.John Deere riding mower burning excessive oil. Is it better to replace or repair engine. JD refuses to fix?
is it new? all engines use some oil, if it ain't smoking blue I wouldn't worry about it, just add oil every time you use it, its not leaking oil is it, if you got a real oil burning problem you can buy a engine short block, might not be worth the expense though

No comments:

Post a Comment