Friday, January 8, 2010

I have an severe oil leak..no oil in several hours. How what is wrong and how much should it cost to fix?

The car is a 95 Ford Taurus that I believe overheated yesterday. The engine shut off while driving. I'm not sure if it overheated because the temperture gauge doesn't work. It shut off after I ran over a rock that scraped the bottom of the car. After it cooled and was drivable, it had a difficult time accelerating. That's when I noticed the leak.I have an severe oil leak..no oil in several hours. How what is wrong and how much should it cost to fix?
When you run out of oil completely the motor gets so hot from the friction of unlubricated parts that it shuts down. I had that happen to me one day and I did not know I had a leak. Just make sure to check it and fill as needed frequently. I f you ran over a rock It probably cracked or bent your oil pan . This will leak a lot of oil. If it was an engine leak , It would be a slow leak. I fixed a crack in my oil pan without repacing it or taking it off. The car has to be completely cooled off. Then you get under it and clean and sand the crack. The auto store has this liqid metal stuff you put in the crack , Then you let the car sit for 24 hours so it can set up. I did this and two years later it is still holding up. Repacement would cost you a lot and your car is too old and not worth it!!I have an severe oil leak..no oil in several hours. How what is wrong and how much should it cost to fix?
You probably have a hole in your oil pan, which holds the motor oil. Check underneath the motor. There is a square or round pan. Check for holes. Repairing of pan, and gaskets, by a mechanic should run a few hundred dollars.
Unfortunately, two great answers before me to choose from.





Yep, got hot, lost oil, sized a piston or two in the cylinder walls, blown head gasket, need I go on.





Hope you enjoyed the car while you had it, or on the other hand, good riddance!
$5,000,000,000,000
Buy another car to wreck, as you successfully killed this one.
on those taurus's the oil pan gasket slides out on the right side of the pan, I have seen it many times. need oil pan gasket replaced
No doubt it is junk, if you had an oil leak and the engine died due to over heating you will need a new engine.


you say the temp gage dose not work that could well be a sign of low coolant in the first place.


If you replace the engine you will need to pull the dipstick on the tranny, they share the same cooler. If the engine got hot the tranny fluid could very well have gotten hot too.


if so then you just as well look for a different car. this one is 11 years old and you will end up sticking a small fortune in it
yea more than likely u cracked ur oil pan which may cause tha leak. but man. get a temp gauge soon. ur killin your car. and by the way sumn else is wrong 2 cuz your car should never overheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment