Friday, January 8, 2010

My transaxle leaks oil on my vw is it easy to fix,,oil is drippin out,,is it a bad sign?

Buy the best biggest thickest workshop manual you can find to suit your dak-dak. you are going to need it. the seals aren't really hard to do and pretty cheap too. it is a fiddly job that may require a few unusual tools. nothing a bit of creative thinking can't get around. A trained Mechanic can remove the engine and then transaxle and replace all seals and bearings(in transaxle) and reassemble in one maybe two days. You should be able to do it yourself in 2-3 days.My transaxle leaks oil on my vw is it easy to fix,,oil is drippin out,,is it a bad sign?
Don't park your VW under the transaxle and it won't get dripped on.My transaxle leaks oil on my vw is it easy to fix,,oil is drippin out,,is it a bad sign?
Not a bad sign but not a good one.(Only bad for your driveway) If all the oil was to leak out you may stuff it up totally. At least get it looked at to get a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment