Friday, January 8, 2010

I ran out of gas and know my car makes the same sound as when the oil needs changed. What can i do to fix?

fyi already changed oil and same sound!I ran out of gas and know my car makes the same sound as when the oil needs changed. What can i do to fix?
Check the oil now and make sure it's not low. Add if needed.





I'm assuming it's fuel injected. It has a pump in the tank that must be kept covered with fuel to cool it - which is why its now probably making a noise. It ran dry and overheated, and that damages them.





As suggested, needing the oil changes should have nothing to do with it - unless you're leaking so much it's down 4 quarts before you do..





In either case 1) check the oil every week, for the peace of mind of your bank account. Engines leak oil, and engines without oil don't run well at all. They tend to propel parts out the side of the block, instantly draining your cash in an engine rebuild. 2) Get the tank filled before it reaches the E, or the pump will fail, leaving you stranded and instantly draining cash for a new one.





In either case, there is a financial penalty for failure to do simple maintenance and operation, which many put off until it starts making that noise . . .I ran out of gas and know my car makes the same sound as when the oil needs changed. What can i do to fix?
put more gas in it
What sound is it making? I've never heard a vehicle make a sound when the oil needs changed, unless it's a dinging noise when you first start it.
it happents to me too, filter is dirty, byu a fuel injector and put it in your gas it shold be better
I have never heard an engine 'make a sound' when the oil needs to be changed...
take it to a repair shop!!!
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment