Friday, January 8, 2010

My breather is spitting oil on the valve covers, and i have oil on my intake manifold, how do i fix it?

its a 351 windsor late 70's. i've done a clean up already and it's still leaking. just converted from points to electric, oil on water pump too.My breather is spitting oil on the valve covers, and i have oil on my intake manifold, how do i fix it?
Either you have many oil leaks, a clogged breather/pcv system, or bad rings. I would first try a new pcv valve and check for clogged lines. This is the cheapest thing to try first. Be sure to wash the engine off, this will help to pin point any leaks.


I do agree with checking the distributer to make sure the o-ring/gasket did not fall off or get damaged when installing it.My breather is spitting oil on the valve covers, and i have oil on my intake manifold, how do i fix it?
First off try changing your PCV valve and see if it helps.
Get it to a repair shop fast. You can blow your engine if you lose to much oil and the smell must be really bad with hot oil burning on all these things. Dangerous too.
check the o ring around the base of distributor you know where that flang hold it there plus i think ford uses on or two on the shaft too it might be leaking from there
Almost certainly it's passing the pistons and presurising the crankcase.


At least new rings at worst ---- how much money is your car worth?


RoyS

No comments:

Post a Comment