Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How do I fix the lifters noise in the 97 honda passport, I have already used heavy engine oil but no luck.?

They are noisy because they either dont have enough oil pressure due to faulty oil pump, the lobes on the camshaft are almost gone creating excessive lash or the lifters themselves are bad. There is not lifter fix in a bottle.How do I fix the lifters noise in the 97 honda passport, I have already used heavy engine oil but no luck.?
You may not have a lifter noise at all.





Those Isuzu engines have dual rocker shafts in the heads that are prone to wear. The rockers wear a grove into the shafts.





If indeed it is a sticky lifter, heavier oil won't help but a product called SEA FOAM might. You can also pour a can of MARVEL MYSTERY OIL in the crankcase, but I would suggest more frequent oil changes with a good quality oil.How do I fix the lifters noise in the 97 honda passport, I have already used heavy engine oil but no luck.?
i've got a 96 passport, same noise. figured i keep driving it till it quits. i really would like to have this vehicle for a long, long time. if you get an answer, tell me

No comments:

Post a Comment