Monday, April 26, 2010

I have a cbr f3 600. I checked the oil and there is a white cream like film around the top. how do I fix it?

When I look inside there is a white creamy film almost like elmer glue coating the inside of the motor,but the oil looks fine. No discolor. What could the problem be and how do i fix it?I have a cbr f3 600. I checked the oil and there is a white cream like film around the top. how do I fix it?
PRobably condensation. IF, now IF there is no coolant in the oil, I would change oil and check the coolant and oil DAILY.





If you find you are low on coolant also, it might have a head gasket leak.





But try changing oil and watch both.


Do you ride it for short trips? If it doesn't get warm, it is likely to have condensation that just doesn't get burned off.I have a cbr f3 600. I checked the oil and there is a white cream like film around the top. how do I fix it?
Its a build up moisture in the crankcases, it happens if you only use the bike for short run's in cold/wet weather, or if it hasn't ridden at all for a while . Take it for a good long ride and get it nice and hot that will evaporate the water away, then give it an oil change if you want, but its not totally necessary to do.
if the bike has been stored for a while what you have is condensation in the motor ,in order to get rid of it your going to have to run the motor until its up to temp drain the oil and replace the oil filter you might have to do this several times to get all of it out of the motor
white stuff in oil means it's getting water in it, which is not good. You may need to contact a mechanic. I wouldn't run it if you can possibly help it. It can really mess it up.
Condensation will form it it is not run long enough for the engine to get hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment