Monday, April 26, 2010

My Stihl 025 chain saw no longer pumps oil to the bar. How can I fix this?

If you happen to have an air compressor, turn the regulator down to about 3-4 psi. Next uncap the oil fill and place the air nozzle into the hole surrounded by an old rag. Hold it tight and just give it a puff of air.


Caution; the oil may blow back towards you and the rag so wear safety glasses.





Put some old newspapers under the saw because when the obstruction blows out so will the oil.


Good luck.My Stihl 025 chain saw no longer pumps oil to the bar. How can I fix this?
first try and clean the oilier hole behind the bar, it is a small hole with a chanel that runs away from it. The hole can be unplugged but use a really thin piece of wire.


good luckMy Stihl 025 chain saw no longer pumps oil to the bar. How can I fix this?
besides cleaning i use a squirt bottle of oil to lube the chain during big cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment