Monday, April 26, 2010

My car leaks oil and i would like to fix it my self how do i do that?

i have a 1991 mercury grand marquis and i am in the process of restoring it. i have had one oil leak already out one of the valve cover gaskets that i got fixed and it cost me around 200 dollars. now i have another leak on the drivers side of the car but i am unable to find it. i also can hear a dripping sound when i turn my car off in the area that the leak is. i can also see fresh oil in some places around the area but i cannot find the source please help.My car leaks oil and i would like to fix it my self how do i do that?
Check the oil filler cap to see if the seal is cracked.Also go under the car and tighten all the oil pan bolts and check the oil drain plug too.


Are you sure that it is oil and not hydraulic fluid or coolant,perhaps even tranny fluid?My car leaks oil and i would like to fix it my self how do i do that?
just bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic. it could be one of about a million different things and you'll burn more money replacing parts trying to find the leak than you would if you just had a pro do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment