Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have a 1994 Lincoln Continental an my DCL light keeps comming on how do I fix it...also my oil pressure?

My dcl light comes on am beeps at me also my oil prusser light beeps too an it for some reason usually reads low but the oil in my car is good an i can just get my oil changed an it will still do it ...what can i do to fix these problems?I have a 1994 Lincoln Continental an my DCL light keeps comming on how do I fix it...also my oil pressure?
There is a good chance you have a bad oil pressure sending unit. This is an inexpensive repair (probably less than $100 parts and labor). You may have a wiring problem or a faulty instrument cluster but if your oil pressure is not really low it is most likely the sending unit. A pressure guage can be put in place of the sending unit to make sure before it is replaced. Good luck.I have a 1994 Lincoln Continental an my DCL light keeps comming on how do I fix it...also my oil pressure?
The dcl light means that the data communication link has failed, this usually means the instrument cluster has failed internally and will need to be replaced. It really wont hurt anything other than your nerves.


The oil pressure light is either a sensor or low oil pressure, I would have the pressure checked with a manual guage to see if it is good(over 15-20 psi at hot idle at a minimum) if OK, you need a sending unit, if low, needs internal engine work (ouch).....

No comments:

Post a Comment