Monday, April 26, 2010

I spilled scented oil on an end table and two spots of varnish rubbed off. How do I fix these?

try vinegar, it covers any loss of varnish on small to medium areas.I spilled scented oil on an end table and two spots of varnish rubbed off. How do I fix these?
You have to sand it back down and reaply varnish. Or you could just fudge and get spray laqure and see if that works first.I spilled scented oil on an end table and two spots of varnish rubbed off. How do I fix these?
If the varnish rubbed off...Sand down the entire table, and revarnish it.
As long as it's just the varnish and not the stain, you can apply another coat of varnish to the table top.
depending on the size of the spots, you may try a artist brush with very little acetone and 'spread' the varnish over the spots from surrounding areas.
Revarnish the table...once the varninsh is gone, that's the only way to fix the spots.
white wine a great stain remover believe it or not
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment