Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quote to fix oil leak in car - 拢400!!!?

garage said my head gasket needs changing due to oil leak, i could still drive my car around for couple of months...and they quoted 拢400!! I dont think its a major oil leak as otherwise i wouldve had to refil my oil on a regular basis. I just noticed a small patch of oil where my car was parked right at the front. And for the last month i havent been driving the car and i noticed a yellow stain round the exhaust pipe..whats that??


A friend of mine said my oil leak is easy to fix, a local garage will put something that looks like a paper round the gasket to stop any leak...i dont know if this is called a sump gasket...


any adviseQuote to fix oil leak in car - 拢400!!!?
if the head gasket had gone there would be more symptoms than an oil leak maybe its the valve cover gasket, that can sometimes be cured by retorquing the bolts on the cover (usually 8-12 ft-lbs), the sump gasket is at the bottom of the engine and the bolts for that can be retorqued in the same way, as a primary step

No comments:

Post a Comment