Monday, April 26, 2010

When I reset my home oil burner it starts up but then shuts off. Whats wrong and how do I fix?

what ever you do dont hit the resect more then three time, it can build up oil in the heat exchanger and cause a fire inside thaat you cant put out.





other wise your electrods could be worn out, the nozzle can be plugged, the oil filter could be dirty





i suggest calling a tech because its an easy thing to screw up and a real messy job worth paying someone to do. iknow im that personWhen I reset my home oil burner it starts up but then shuts off. Whats wrong and how do I fix?
Well Im a Plumber and there is not enough info for me to answer this question.


There could be sensors that are bad. Stats and so on.


It depends how new or old the unit is. When it starts up it could be getting enough oil at start up but not to stay running. there can be so many things wrong with the unit. And since you didnt give what kind and how old and model ect I would say spend the 70bucks and have A Tech come out and service the Unit. If you have not had the unit checked out in some time this would be a good idea to do anyway


Goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment