Monday, April 26, 2010

My oil ran out on my oil fired boiler refilled but on restart it fires in short burst can i fix this myself?

will i need an engineer for this is there any riskMy oil ran out on my oil fired boiler refilled but on restart it fires in short burst can i fix this myself?
You have air in your line going into the fire box. You can get the air out of the line yourself but it can be a messy job.


It will work its way out if the boiler is working and you will get the short burst until it is all out. This is the air I was talking about coming through the line. The oil burns the air does not so you have what you refer to as short burst.


There should be no danger but will not hurt to stay close and watch it for a while until it settles down.My oil ran out on my oil fired boiler refilled but on restart it fires in short burst can i fix this myself?
Moisture might have had accumulated where your oil should be. I have encountered the same problem in the past in one of my repair jobs. The magic that I have learned from it is unforgettable. It is cheap and quick. I sprayed the chamber with WD-40 with 3 short spurts dislodging moisture out of it. It should work as well with your boiler. Good luck
Sounds like you got air in the line.
Don't attempt this yourself. It's too risky.
i would get an engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment