Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Whats up with my engine oil and how can I fix it.?

So recently I started to notice that while I check my oil when the engine is running, it was really far up the dipstick and there were certain places where it wasn't even sticking to the stick. So I changed it and now it all sticks on there buy its still way far up the stick. If I check the oil with the engine off, its perfect. Whats up and how do I fix it. It's a 1970 Mustang with a 351C. Thanks guys!Whats up with my engine oil and how can I fix it.?
you dont check the oil with the engine running.the oil is spash everwhere and you cant get a correct readingWhats up with my engine oil and how can I fix it.?
why would you check the oil when the engine is running? Read your owners manual. You only check transmission fluid when the vehicel is running, not oil. You will get an inaccurate reading and while the car is running, the oil is out in the engine, doing its thing, not hanging around in the oil chamber so there is no way to tell if your oil level is fine or not.


There is nothing wrong to fix.
When the engine is running, a good portion of the oil in the crank case is whipped up into a misted fog throughout the entire crankcase - oil is squirted from the bearings and lifter bores and thrown all over the place by the rotating crank - and the dipstick gets confused.


Shut the engine down and wait a few minutes before you check the level.
Hello friend; You cannot check the oil with the motor running. The proper way is to check after car has been off for at least an hour, diesel engines have to marks on the dipstick, one running, one not running. I don't know of a gas motor that has the dual marks. Good luck !!
Well, you never check ur oil with the engine running. Let it sit for a few minutes 4 thte oil to run back down, then check it. It will give a correct reading then.
Engine oil = Engine off.


Transmission fliud = Engine running.
you don't check the oil with the motor running, you shut the engine off and wait about 5 minutes and then check it.
nothing is wrong with your car. it just that you arent suppose to check the engine oil with the engine is running.
You are not suppose to check the oil with the engine running.
It's ruined,I will come and get the car from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment