Monday, April 26, 2010

How to fix sticky keys on my keyboard? Can I give them an oil change or something?

Pop them out with screwdriver one at a time, lay them out on the table the way they need to go back on (it's best to do this with the computer turned off)...... then dust off the cr*p that's built up underneath them....... then pop the keys back in place....... unless your keyboard is as bad as mine, and the writing has faded off the keys.... in which case just get a nice shiney new keyboard from a computer store.... they don't really cost all that much.How to fix sticky keys on my keyboard? Can I give them an oil change or something?
clean ur keep board go to the store and they have a can of air its to clean ur keyboards and tower, and get some plague whipes muti-purpose they work really good to whip ur screens and u can clean ur keyboard surfuse with it also gl.How to fix sticky keys on my keyboard? Can I give them an oil change or something?
keyboards are commodities, almost free
I have sticky keys too on my keyboard at work... my solution... I called IT and said ';I need a new keyboard'; lol maybe you can get a new one?
Sticky keys as you well know is found in control panel under accessibilty options. Just turn them off.
You will have to take the keys off and clean the keyboard with alcohol and cotton swabs. Just make sure you have a refeence keyboard for when you put it back together. Or you can buy a new one from a site like Newegg.com for probably 5 or 10 bucks.
take a few off at a time, and clean it out

No comments:

Post a Comment