Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I accidentally put gas in the oil pan of my lawnmower & didn't notice until the smoke came out. Can I fix it?

It is a brand new lawnmower that I have only used once before. I am looking at the manual and see that the oil can be drained and replaced but is it too late?I accidentally put gas in the oil pan of my lawnmower %26amp; didn't notice until the smoke came out. Can I fix it?
You ';should'; be okay. Drain the gas from the oil pan, fill with oil and drain again. Refill with the proper oil. I would think you are fine unless you ran it for a long period like that or if something else happened that you didn't mention when you started it and noticed the ';smoke';. Good luck.I accidentally put gas in the oil pan of my lawnmower %26amp; didn't notice until the smoke came out. Can I fix it?
If the mower was still running when you discovered the problem, then it's possible you didn't do any fatal damage. Drain, refill with oil and give it a shot. If it is blown, maybe you can play dumb and bring it back under warranty: but this isn't the ethical choice.
don't run it 1st you need to drain all the oil out i mean all of it then get add motor flush with some fresh oil and then run it for about 30 min so gets throw the motor and clean it then drain it once again and ad fresh oil that should do it and pray that it works lol if you got it in time it should be fine
You might have cleaned sludge out yer mowers engine. Get the oil and gas out and put some fresh oil in. I use diesel oil instead of gas but hay you done did the deed right? Dump the engine and restock it with the correct amount of oil and mow on. It should be ok.
If the mower engine will still crank easily, then just remove the gas/oil mixture and replace. Nice job getting it clean and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment