Monday, April 26, 2010

I put 2-cycle oil in a 4-cycle 5hp Briggs & Stratton outboard. Now it won't start. How do I fix this? (revised

Oil is in a separate tank in engine cowl - gas %26amp; oil are not combined. Engine never ran with the bad oil - day 1 I filled oil tank, day 2 I tried to start engine. After I drain the oil tank, do I need to clean/flush the tank?I put 2-cycle oil in a 4-cycle 5hp Briggs %26amp; Stratton outboard. Now it won't start. How do I fix this? (revised
The not starting is a coincidence. Drain the oil and fill with the right stuff - no need to flush the tank as the small amount that will be left will make little difference to the quality of the new (right) oil.I put 2-cycle oil in a 4-cycle 5hp Briggs %26amp; Stratton outboard. Now it won't start. How do I fix this? (revised
Your engine will be fine. There is not a huge difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke oil. Even if you ran the engine with the 2 stroke oil, you would be fine.
no need to flush but soon after change the oil again and start fresh.
get new glasses than read oil container.

No comments:

Post a Comment