Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I fix or stop oil from leaking from my car?

You dont make oil stop leaking, you repair what is leaking. Put an ounce of dye in the engine, drive 15 minutes. I assume you have a lift at your house so lift the car on the lift and take a black light with safety glasses and look for the yellow dye, it is the easiest way to tell exactly where the oil is leaking and what gaskets/sensors need to be replaced.How do I fix or stop oil from leaking from my car?
I recommend taking it to a local car wash (so the grease and oil doesn't get into the ground water) and clean the engine so you can see where it is leaking from. It could be a pan gasket, valve cover gasket, loose oil pan plug or any number of things. Without knowing the source, a fix is impossible to come up with. Good luckHow do I fix or stop oil from leaking from my car?
You find the leak... then replace the seal/gasket/whatever is needed there to keep the oil from leaking out.


It can be pretty time consuming and complicated, especially if there is more than one leak.. then it gets frustrating. So good luck.





...


Lol Will's advice is good... although sarcastic :P that is the best way to find an oil leak. Since many of the repairs can be expensive, it's more than worth paying for this service!
It can be a lot of things and alot of money and for parts and labor
1st you have to find where it's leaking from. what I do is get a couple cans of engine degreaser and spray it all over the motor while it's warm, then hose it off, then drive it and look for fresh oil, when you find it let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment