Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The oil gauge needle on my dashboard is stuck all the way to the right. How does one fix this?

It happened after a oil change at the dealer a couple of years ago. I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville. The car runs ok.The oil gauge needle on my dashboard is stuck all the way to the right. How does one fix this?
Could be 2 things, your oil pressure sending unit, or your insturment cluster.I think its just a coincedence that it happened after a oil change.I would try a sending unit first (as they are cheaper) before i would go after the cluster.Good luckThe oil gauge needle on my dashboard is stuck all the way to the right. How does one fix this?
Bad sensor, or did they knock the wire loose or off?
get a oil change
If nothing disconnected, probably a new sending unit will do the trick....
The best thing to do is replace the unit.
easier to buy new one
slap the dash! if that doesn't work change the guage.

No comments:

Post a Comment