Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a oil leak in a 94 thunderbird how would find and fix it?

I find oil on the the diveway. The oil in the thunderbird keeps getting low and I do not no wear the leak is. How would find and fix it.I have a oil leak in a 94 thunderbird how would find and fix it?
Look around the oil filter for drips. The filter may not be seated properly.


or


Places to check for an oil leak would be the oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, oil pump, and head gaskets. Since this appears to be an external leak, from having oil dripping on the driveway, any of the external gasketed joints on the engine would be suspect. If not apparent from that, possible crack or hole in the oilpan, loose drain plug, loose galley plug.





Worse case senario, a crack in the block, but I would say any of the above are more likely.I have a oil leak in a 94 thunderbird how would find and fix it?
The best way to find the leak is to steam clean the engine and put oil dye in the crank case, run the car, until oil leaks and check the engine with a black light. Look for florescent trail on engine. That's how we do it at the dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment