Saturday, December 26, 2009

How would I fix a oil leak to my car myself? 98 honda prelude.?

Tell us where the leak is coming from then we can tell you.





Basic valve gasket is a piece of cake.





Oil pan gasket is harder but not too bad.





Head gasket.....good luck, can be a day job for a trained mechanic. Over a week job for someone who has no clue.





Degrease the engine down on top and bottom and rinse off at a spray off car wash. Run the car for a day or so and then see where the leak is coming from. Should be able to tell then.How would I fix a oil leak to my car myself? 98 honda prelude.?
Where is it leaking? Better yet is it leaking oil, or burning oil? If it is leaking oil it is likely that you need to replace the oil pan gasket, it could even be the rubber washer on the drain plug is worn out.





But these are just the usually guesses, it is hard to say how you can fix it without more informationHow would I fix a oil leak to my car myself? 98 honda prelude.?
depends where its coming from , it might be a oil pan or a valve cover gasket ,, its it oil or transmission fluid ? make sure b4 you starting taking things apart ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment