Saturday, December 26, 2009

My car leaks oil. My options are to fix each leak or replace the engine. What should I do?

My car leaks from four or five different places. Three gaskets and a camshaft need to be replaced and I think there may be another leak! The oil drips very slowly though. Its a Chrysler Cirrus, '97 with 150,000 on it and it runs great. The body is still in great shape too, only a couple of rust spots. I wanted to give this car to my mom. Is it worth the trouble fixing it?My car leaks oil. My options are to fix each leak or replace the engine. What should I do?
As long as it's not the rear main engine seal. (very labor intensive to get to), the other gaskets should be relatively inexpensive to replace.





Even if you can cut the number of leaks in half, as long as you make sure there is enough oil in the engine, it should be fine to drive.My car leaks oil. My options are to fix each leak or replace the engine. What should I do?
well it will be cheaper to repair the engine than to replace it but i do recommend a good shop at least if they screw up they have to fix it if they aren't certified than they can just look at you and laugh good luck
just fix the leaks.all it would take is gasgets and or seals.that could be done up under 150.00
I agree. The engine will cost thousands. Fix the leaks!
where are u at i'll fix it

No comments:

Post a Comment