Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why is my 2001 Toyota Corolla using 2 quarts of oil every 1,000 miles and how do I fix it?

I have 80,000 miles on the car. It does not burn oil. It does not leak oil. There is no oil on the driveway. The oil pressure is okay and everything seems to check out okay. Somehow the oil is escaping while I am driving, but there is no evidence of it. I do not see any oil dripping from the tailpipe while idling or after driving.


Thanks!Why is my 2001 Toyota Corolla using 2 quarts of oil every 1,000 miles and how do I fix it?
The pcv valve could be clogged.It's causing the crankcase to over pressureize and it's being forced into the cylinders,and it IS burining it,you're just not noticing it burn it.A big cloud of smoke prrobably comes out of the tail pipe when you accelerate.Try replacing the PCV valve.It's under that plastic cover on the top of the engine,screwed into the right rear corner of the valve cover,if you're standing in front of the car it's on your right in the back of the valve cover.Why is my 2001 Toyota Corolla using 2 quarts of oil every 1,000 miles and how do I fix it?
The oil has to go somewhere. Either on the ground or out the tailpipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment