Saturday, December 26, 2009

My oil light was on when i was on my way to get some more oil, and then it died. How do i fix it?

I have a 99 ford taurus. When I try to start it, nothing happens. It just clicks. A guy that helped push my car said i blew my motor. Is that what really is wrong? Do i have to buy a whole new engine?My oil light was on when i was on my way to get some more oil, and then it died. How do i fix it?
with out being there, hard to say...but that is what it sounds likeMy oil light was on when i was on my way to get some more oil, and then it died. How do i fix it?
Without seeing the engine, no one here can tell what has happened...





Having said that, if the oil light was on and then the vehicle died ( and now just clicks... ), the possibility that you seized the engine is real.
Sounds to me like your engine has locked up due to a lack of oil to lubricate the engine. Good luck.
I've got some really bad news. It sounds like your engine is seized. That means metal parts of your engine didn't have any lubrication and got so hot that they melted into the pieces next to them.





The specific pieces are likely the piston rings into the cylinder walls or bushings into the crankshaft and piston rods.





I've got bad news. That's the end of the old Taurus. You need a new engine, I'm sure it would cost more to replace the engine than it would to replace the Taurus.





Here's the really bad news. This was completely avoidable by the driver. You should have stopped and shut your car off when your temp started to go up and certainly when the check engine light came on. All you would've needed to do was add a little oil and you'd be back on your way.





Your engine is dead over a phone call to a friend and $2.99 worth of motor oil.





This is an expensive life lesson.
Sounds like it.
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment