Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I fix the threads on an oil filter housing (where the oil filter screws on) of a Dodge Avenger ES V6?

I have a 95 Dodge Avenger ES (2.5 V6) and today my engine oil poured out completely from a loose oil filter.





Upon inspection by the tow truck driver and myself...the oil filter housing has damaged threads so even a new oil filter of the same make and part number is slipping when tightened completely by the hand. Does anyone know how to fix this?How do I fix the threads on an oil filter housing (where the oil filter screws on) of a Dodge Avenger ES V6?
replace the housing with a new or used one,most salvage yards will sell you the housing for about 25 bucks,that's about the only way to repair one ,good luck.How do I fix the threads on an oil filter housing (where the oil filter screws on) of a Dodge Avenger ES V6?
you were lucky, most of the ones i get a hold of cant be re threaded,good deal though,just keep an eye on it for a while and make sure it doesn't leak or the filter doesn't back off,good luck. Report Abuse
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment