Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have a 1990 honda accord it has a oil leak,how do I fix it or how much will it cost to fix?

I looked under the bottom of the car and their was a trail of oil and leaking heavy.I haven`t driven the car since I saw the leak.What can I do,or can I still drive it by just keeping oil in it.I have a 1990 honda accord it has a oil leak,how do I fix it or how much will it cost to fix?
Just don't let it run dry - or you will trash the car. Can't tell you how to fix it until I know where its leaking from. It could be a couple of bucks for the drain plug to a couple hundred.I have a 1990 honda accord it has a oil leak,how do I fix it or how much will it cost to fix?
Fix the oil outlet point under the engine with new washer.
most likely you need new seals that means the transmission will have to be pulled which takes about 2 hours to pull out and 3 hours to fix and put back in so i would say your looking at close to $250 or $300 or $50 if you do it your self
Need to isolate where the leak is coming from. get under the engine and see if the drain plug is leaking or if you have a hole in your pan or oil filter.Or If a seal is leaking from the engine itself. Check the oil sending unit, the valve cover and cam seal. You may need to clean down the engine real good and start the engine , climb under the engine and get a good look. Let em know where it is coming from and i can help you later.


good luck.........
You can still keep driving it for a little while. while not letting the oil level get too low. Wherever you park though, you will leave a nasty stain-people will hate that! You probably need a new oil plug or pan. (10-30 bucks) Good luck
  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment