Friday, December 18, 2009

1995 Dodge Intrepid- How Do I fix a oil leak that is coming from the pulley?

When I start up the car, oil begins leaking from the CS pulley, and drips downward. I used a engine cleaner to see if it was coming from the top, but its coming from the pulley, and I was wondering if this was something I can do by myself, or take it to a shop? I had a friend suggest putting sealent on the seals.1995 Dodge Intrepid- How Do I fix a oil leak that is coming from the pulley?
that's the front crank seal leaking on it,you have to pull the bottom pulley off to replace it,its not a bad job with the right tools but can be hard to do with a limited tool supply,the seal is only about 12 bucks but it takes a few hours to put it in,no sealant will work on stopping that one from leaking,good luck.1995 Dodge Intrepid- How Do I fix a oil leak that is coming from the pulley?
glad to help,have a good night. Report Abuse

If your oil is coming from the front crank seal you do have a problem. You will have to remove the radiator to pull the crank pulley. And depending on the engine size you may have to remove the timing cover to replace the seal because the seal is on the inside of the timing cover.Also the crank pulley may be grooved and you will have to replace it too, It can be done if you know what you are doing


Good Luck


Sealant wont seal a leak on something that is spining at 2000 rpm plus every day.
sealent wont help change the oil seal

No comments:

Post a Comment