Friday, December 18, 2009

How much will it cost to fix an oil leak?

I have a 1991 honda accord lx automatic and I have an oil leak. When I park the car it leaks, but only like 2 drops. Its coming from the front driver side. I took it to a mechanic and he said it was the crank seal. I think he tried to play me because I look young, he said it would be $220 to fix it. What could it be and how much would it cost to fix? Thank YouHow much will it cost to fix an oil leak?
It could very well be that, and with new parts and labor, that price might not be too far out of line. There are a lot places oil can leak from, so it would be hard for me to say. I'd suggest taking it somewhere else and getting multiple opinions and prices if you think he's trying to take it to you.How much will it cost to fix an oil leak?
the best thing for you to do is get more then one person to look at it. it may be normal wear and tire on the car or it may have a small leak on your oil pan gasket the best thing to do is troubleshoot going from the easiest or cheapest up but talk to some one , you say that when you park it after driving it you see 2 drops. check the oil pan drain plug to see if it is loose check to see where the leak is coming from you may find its just wear and tire of the car. after all it is a 1991 its 19 years old that is old for cars. how many miles did you drive before you parked how long were you driving the car around before you parked . etc .. those facts also come in play as well.
Try this,, tighten you oil pan bolts a bit, not crazy tight, just snug them all up evenly. That may fix it, if not, it probably is your front crank seal, and $220 isn't that bad to replace it. I would do the timing belt too, while it's apart. C.
  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment