Friday, December 18, 2009

How to fix leaking oil in a car?

My 90 Toyota Corrolla leaks a little bit of oil when i park...so my driveway is getting messed up. How do I fix it?





How much will a mechanice charge?How to fix leaking oil in a car?
If it is leaking the bigger issue is how much is left in there? I would make sure you still have oil before you seize the engine. It can be a small fix like tightening a loose filter or nut on the pan. It could be a bigger issue like a worn gasket or seal. You need to have it checked but be sure you have oil in it before you drive it any further before you kill the engine.How to fix leaking oil in a car?
It depends and nobody can tell you for sure until they have a look at it. One thing for sure, it won't go away on it's own.
It depends what part of your car is leaking oil. It could be a minor fix like a hose which you could buy and install. Or it could be a bigger problem involving the oil tank which will need a mechanic. I am not familiar with the price of oil tanks so I don鈥檛 know how much it will cost you.

No comments:

Post a Comment