Friday, December 18, 2009

My front end pogos something awful. Would changing the fork oil fix that or do I need new springs too?

I have 20,000 miles on my bike. I still have the the factory oil and springs.My front end pogos something awful. Would changing the fork oil fix that or do I need new springs too?
Always give year, make, engine size and model # when asking questions. We need all of that info to give an informed answer.





The springs controll the rate the forks compress.


The oil and dampening adjustment, control the rebound rate.


Changing the oil may help.


May need to be adjusted.


If the forks bottom out, the springs should be replaced.My front end pogos something awful. Would changing the fork oil fix that or do I need new springs too?
First, change the fork oil. That will make a big difference in the ride.


Question, are the fork seals leaking? If so, that would explain the pogoing. Fork oil controls the fork springs. If seals are leaking they will need replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment