Friday, December 18, 2009

How do I oil or fix my comp fan ?

When I open my comp the fan starts making a loud noise, then the longer I use the comp the quieter it becomes, then suddenly stops. Is it in need of oil or cleaning, and if so how do I do either or both ?


Thanks.How do I oil or fix my comp fan ?
Your fan needs to be replaced ,they aren't user serviceableHow do I oil or fix my comp fan ?
get one of those compressed air cans and blow the fan out. If that does not work, crack open the computer and use the compressed air can of everything that has dust on it. If it is a desktop that has this problem, then the act of taking it apart will be much easier.
1. get on newegg or the site for the company it's from


2. buy a new fan. if it's a desktop, it will be cheap. if it's a laptop, it won't.


3. once u have the fan, put it in the computer


4 hope that this happen before bios starts refusing to let the thing boot.
Replace it.





You can hit it with a compressed air can to try and make it last longer, but once a fan starts to fail it should always be replaced.
NEVER......


Oil, or service a computer cooling fan. If a fan is noisy or fails to spin-up to proper speed, replace the fan or replace the unit the fan is attached to.





Power Supply Cooling Fan(s): replace power supply.


CPU Cooling Fan: replace FAN and Heat-sink if fan is attached.


Video Graphics Cooling Fan: Replace Graphics card.





Once a graphics card has overheated due to improper cooling, the lifespan of the card is limited. Not worth replacing fan. Consider an upgrade graphics card as an alternative.
you can't oil it, if the fan stops working get a new one. however, i would suggest cleaning it by just getting rid of the visible dust

No comments:

Post a Comment