Friday, December 18, 2009

In my lawn mower, I accidentally put gasoline in the oil compartment. Can I fix this?

I'm afraid to start it or do anything to it until I get some advice.In my lawn mower, I accidentally put gasoline in the oil compartment. Can I fix this?
You haven't started it yet? Pour it out into a bucket and then put some 10W-30 oil in. Put some gasoline in the gas tank and run it. If your really concerned about it, mow for about 5 minutes, pour out the oil again and put some fresh 10W-30 in.In my lawn mower, I accidentally put gasoline in the oil compartment. Can I fix this?
I've done worse and gotten away with it.





Drain the gas from the oil resevoir. Fill with oil, run the mower a bit (one minute), and then drain and fill once more. Good to go, in all likelihood.
You can drain the oil and gasoline out of it by removing the drain plug.


Let it drain all out and then put fresh oil back in and start it up with no problems.
drain the oil pan and take the oil/gas i, to your local parts store,they will recycle it.then put in new oil don't overfill,your ready to run.............tom
Flip the mower over and dump the oil and gas out. Put some fresh oil in there. Do Not Over fill the engine.
There should be an oil plug that you can pull to drain the gasoline out then put oil back in it.
Just drain the oil reservoir and fill it with oil. Should be fine.





j

No comments:

Post a Comment